Catalytic Combustible Gas Detectors
The catalytic combustible gas sensor CGS provide unmatched detection of almost all combustible gases in harsh industrial environments.
The catalytic sensor is a pellistor consisting of computer matched pair of beads usually called detector (active) and compensator (reference) that provide identical electrical resistance in clean air. When a flammable gas is present, the active bead catalyzes the combustible gas molecules (catalytic combustion), while the inactive (reference) bead balances the reaction and compensates for normal changes in the ambient environment. Temperature difference of beads mounted in the Wheatstone bridge circuit causes an output voltage signal proportional to the gas concentration.
The sophisticated design and construction of Det-Tronics catalytic sensors provides excellent sensitivity, response time, and resistance to physical shock and vibration.
It is compatible with other Det-Tronics devices:
- Gas Transmitters Infiniti U 9500 and Controllers R8471, both obsolete
- FlexVu® Universal Displays UD10 and UD30 to provide display, output and control capabilities
- the Model 505 Combustible Gas Transmitter that provides a linear 4 - 20 mA output signal corresponding to a 0 to 100% LFL gas concentration
- the sensor Termination Box STB
CGS could be also connected in an addressable loop system Dettronics Eagle Quantum Premier® via the Digital communication Unit EQ22xxDCUEX.
- CGS is expolsion proof ATEX / IECEX certified: Ex d IIC T3-T5 Gb
- SIL2 certified to IEC61508 by Exida® when used with UD10 SIL2 models.
Warranty: 18 months from the date of production